Friday, April 2, 2010

Humbled beyond belief

I just spent a few minutes in utter speechlessness and tears and completely humbled by what Jesus did for me today... To be so loved that on that cross Jesus thought this is for Heather, I'm doing this for her...and of course everyone else in the world. But it's so special to me bc I know how undeserving I am. There are no words.. I can only stand amazed and fall on my face humbled..

So thank you God, for seeing me and turning your back on your son for my sake. I forever will spend my life giving all I have to You, and I know I can never repay what He did, I can't even begin to try. I am amazed how you designed it to where we can't give back, there's nothing we can do to earn Your love, You just love us. Lord, show me how to love You more. Thank you doesn't even begin to express how truely thankful I am..but I hope the way I live my life for you does.

I am humbled. broken. and beckoned by the cross to live a life of worship and with a constant pursuit towards the cross, and I will live this out for my King.


The precious blood of Jesus Christ redeems,
forgiven I’m alive, restored set free.
Your majesty resides inside of me,
forever I believe. forever I believe.
arrested by your truth and righteousness
your grace has overwhelmed my brokenness
convicted by your spirit, led by your word
your love will never fail
your love will never fail
‘Cause I know you gave, the world your only son for us to
know your name, to live within the saviours love and he took my place,
knowing he’d be crucified and you loved.. you loved, a people undeserving!

-To Know Your Name- Hillsong

1 comment:

  1. Heather,

    Great post! The cross is humbling, yet our hope. It is wretched, but it is our joy. What happened was unspeakable, yet we as Christians can't help but speak about it as it is our only boast.

    Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete